Monday, October 24, 2011

A Wedding, week-end away, sightseeing and Great Pizza!

Our beautiful niece, Lauren married the wonderful Brett on the weekend.

I give you a friendly warning now .......... a picture heavy post follows ;-)



We had such a lovely time in the Barossa Valley - staying overnight in the Barossa Novotel


Here are some of the things I made for them.








A keepsake for the Bride - this is the last of the shoes I made when I was doing ceramics - now if anyone else gets married, I am going to have to find a different keepsake for them ;-)

Here is our room at the Barossa Novotel


and this was our view - forever changing and beautiful ;-)

The happy couple at the reception, which was held at the Barossa Valley Estate.  The staff there were excellent and it is such a beautiful place to hold a wedding ;-)


On Sunday, we did some sightseeing with Brother-in-law & Sister-in-Law, Greg & Rosa, and visited Maggie Beer's Farm (again ;-) )



This time, I managed to get some photos of the peacocks!





The peacock kept teasing us - not fully turning around to display all his glory
Then he decided to go walkabout ;-)


ahhh, on the ground again!


Time for some more driving and we ended up at Roaring 40's Cafe for some late lunch.  We had heard about this place on the TV as it has won all sorts of awards for their pizzas. 




The food was lovely, but I had eaten way too much breakfast at the Hotel, so we asked for a doggy bag to take the leftovers home.  We had the leftovers later after we had got home an unpacked - it reheated beautifully ;-)

I was so annoyed with myself, I didn't even think to take a photo of the pizza :-(

So that was our weekend away - now I need to be off and do some unpacking and washing - we were too pooped to do it last night - and then some grocery shopping awaits ;-)

Hubby is on leave for the next two weeks so blog posts may be a bit slow - I am hoping we can catch up on our my 'to do list' around the home.

Catch you all a bit later ;-)


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely weekend, and the weather was perfect for a wedding. The Barossa valley is beautiful all year.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.