Monday, July 11, 2011

Have a Great Day, My Friend

It is my friend John's birthday on Friday.

We met as work colleagues in 1989, and even though we don't work together anymore, we are still great friends.  He has moved away and is now a 4 hour drive away, so we don't see each other as much as we would like.  More often than not, it is when they can get to Adelaide that we are able to catch up.  The last time we saw each other was for my 50th birthday, in October 2010.

The minute I saw this image over at JustInkLined, I just knew who it would be perfect for.


I followed the sketch over at CDACSC26.  Image has been hand coloured with watercolour pencils, and highlighted with KindyGlitz/Stickles.  I usually struggle with cards for men, so I hope it is not too girly with the glitter ;-)

Items used:  Black square cardstock, cardstock & DP from stash, watercolour pencils, KindyGlitz/Stickles, metal brads

I would also like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Allsorts - Free & Easy
Digis with attitude - anything goes
Inspire me Fridays - anything goes


4 comments:

  1. A stunning card Cathy and perfect colouring.

    Thank you for joining in my theme week at our Free and Easy July at Allsorts and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Cathy! I love that image & your coloring is tops!

    I'm so glad you shared this beauty with us @ Inspire Me Fridays!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful male card Cathy. Fantastic image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Cathy. Hey hasn't it been cold here in Adelaide ....shivver?
    Thanks for following my blog .Hope you find posts interesting .Don't know what cutting images is all about so cant help out there .Sure you will get takers though .
    Good luck .
    hugs shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.