Sunday, June 19, 2011

FNSI turned into FNCI & Quiz Night Results

FNSI (Friday Night Sew In) turned into FNCI (Friday Night Craft In) as I got motivated and inspired to do some cardmaking - although I did get to take up the jeans I intended for the Quiz Night [more on that later ;-) ].




I have received swap cards from Anette for the CraftMad Easel swap.




The current theme for CraftMad monthly card swap is 'butterflies' and as I was so happy with the card I had made for Margaret HERE, I made up another card using different DP.  I am very pleased with the way this card turned out.  I can post pics here, as my swap partner does not read my blog ;-)






I would like to submit this card for the Stamp Something challenge - Pretty Papers


Next card was made using 'Flutterbys' by Stampin' Up! - one of my very first SU purchases.  This set is a two step set and use of the 'The Stampers Buddy' linerupperer makes this process so easy.






A CraftMad crafting friend lost her Nan just a few days ago, so I thought I would send this card to her.  Sending hugs your way, Wendy.


This card was one of my 'stand-by' cards.  I don't have many left, and I need to make up some more.




Now onto the Quiz Night ....
We have been going to this particular quiz night for my nephew's school for the last 10 years and it is always a good night.  We got 2nd place one year, and have been 3rd and 4th on several occasions.  There are usually about 18-20 tables with approx 10 people on each table.


This year WE WON!!!!   We get our team name engraved on a trophy and we each won some wonderful prizes.


Talk about doin' a happy dance  LOL








I won the lucky seat prize -  I love olives ;-)





That's it from me for now - my labour saving device (washing machine) is beeping at me and needs my attention. 


Don't forget to check out the new UnstampaBelles Challenge Blog - see post at top.

2 comments:

  1. Nice cards and nice prizes! Love the gold embossed butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...congratulations on the win at the quiz night. I have done a couple of those and we are normally at the other end but have a ball. Love your butterfly cards that you created. That first butterfly image is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.