Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend Away with the Girls

Hi everyone,

I have just got back from a weekend away in the Barossa for a mini school reunion with 10 of my primary school friends - some of us have not seen each other for 35 years or more!   We stayed at the Barossa Valley Tourist Park, which was much bigger than we expected and the cabins were clean and reasonably well maintained.  In fact, THIS was my actual cabin for the weekend.

The weather was a bit cold and windy, which is a bit unusual for this time of year, but it did not dampen our spirits.  We ventured out and about anyway.



We visited Maggie Beer's Kitchen and got to taste some goodies.  The Burnt Fig, Caramel & Honeycomb Ice Cream is just GAWGEOUS!  See my other blog Cathy's Kitchen for more pics.






Saturday was spent sightseeing - we went to Maggie Beer's , Angas Park Fruit, and Wohlers

There were some beautiful rose bushes out the front of Angas Park Fruit - the most gorgeous red.

Sunday came around far too quickly and it was time to go home  **insert sad face here**.  


It was a great weekend, but I am glad to be home, back in my own bed ;-)

3 comments:

  1. awww what an awesome weekend, always wanted to go to Maggie Beers Kitchen, she does great stuff! that sounds delish!

    Glad you had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that sure sounds like a fantastic time. How terrific to catch up with your primary school friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you had a good time. I really love my family but it is nice to leave the all male (except me) household and have a girls weekend. Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.