Monday, February 22, 2010

Irises - my favourite flowers

Here are some more of my efforts with my Flourishes - A Year in Flowers Calendar set.



Image stamped with Versamagic Midnight Black and heat embossed with clear - this gives a beautiful gloss to the black.  Flowers were hand coloured with SU inks and paint brush.

This card is submitted for the following challenges.
I changed the layout just a bit to suit the proportions of the stamp - I really like this CAS look!


cleanandsimplestamping - sketch
StampSomething - a touch of spring

I also made up another card along the clean and simple lines.

This image was heat embossed with Black embossing power and hand coloured with inks & paint brush.
Panels were cut & embossed using cuttlebug and spellbinder dies.

11 comments:

  1. Oh Cathy, I love both of your cards, that Iris is lovely and I like how you coloured it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards and beautiful colours!!! They are a pretty flower,I had them in my Wedding Bouquet!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these cards are beautiful Cathy. What a great layout that top card is.....I must remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous, way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all beautiful. In my hometown we have a very Beautiful place called Swan Lake and Iris Gardens, when Spring gets here in the US, I'll send you some pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love the rhinestones - they add a nice elegant touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow it´s a beautiful card. Lovely flower.
    Thank you for joining us at Stamp Something.
    Dorte aka dot-scrap

    ReplyDelete
  8. Irises are gorgeous aren't they - love this stamp and the way you've painted the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I love the jewels! Great job with the sketch!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Lovely projects. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
    Hugs, Tanja

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.