Sunday, December 6, 2009

Two Birthdays and One Wedding Anniversary




I have been working on a few special cards this week - a birthday card and a Wedding Anniversary Card.

My BIL & SIL have their Wedding Anniversary on the same day as my SIL birthday, so he has no excuse to forget!  ;-)

I had made SIL, RosaLia's card ages ago.  I got some stamped images using Forever Friends stamps and just knew exactly which one was for RosaLia.


As you can determine from the card, my SIL loooves shoes!


I had lots of fun making this one - lots of lovely bright colours.

Here is card for BIL, Greg. He loves to sail.


The boat and wording was cut using the CraftROBO, utilising a freebie file from letsbescrappy.


There are some great cutting files at letsbescrappy and you can also purchase some files at thatsscrapinc - there are some really talented people there!

I am looking forward to having a play with my CraftROBO over the Christmas break - I still have a lot to learn.  I have discovered that it is best to start with a good cutting file, then the only real challenge is getting your pressure & speed correct for your particular cardstock.  I am also going to have a play with inkscape and try and design my own cutting files - will keep you all posted.

Here is the anniversary card. 



Items Used:  BlueEdge Crafts wove chocolate brown cardstock, Kaisercraft Duchess Collection, Empire DP, Kaisercraft?? Butterfly stamped with SU Always Artichoke & clear embossed.    Squares cut & embossed using spellbinders square dies & cuttelbug.  A Bronze brad was used - It is their 19th Wedding Anniversary, so I had to incorporate bronze (modern) in there somewhere.  Sketch for the card is an old mojomonday sketch, #73.



Bling was added to butterfly - it wouldn't be complete without some bling!

2 comments:

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.