Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Darth Vader card for my nephew using the CraftROBO

I made a card for my nephew's 7th Birthday using my CraftROBO.  His favourite Star Wars Character is Darth Vader, so I just had to do a card with this image.

I can't remember where I came across the original image - I think I was searching for colouring in images to use, I would love to give them credit.  I can't seem to find it when I search for Darth Vader now, so if anyone knows, please let me know and I will post a link. 

Anyway, I saved the image and traced it with CraftROBO software.  I then finetuned the traced image and made a GSD cutting file from it. 
I used Star Jedi Mono Logo font from here (I think!) - for the words on the front and inside in Word.  The words on the top of the front of the card have been cut using the CraftROBO, the rest of the words have just been printed straight onto the card. 

I had several attempts at cutting, going back and finetuning before being happy with the final outline.  It was a real learning exercise - both with the software and the CraftROBO - with all the experiments, I actually wore off the sticky on my mat and needed to 're-stick' my cutting mat before I could cut the final item.
Liam seemed pleased with the card, although at 7 years of age, I don't think he understood what it was I had done - he just thought it was cool to see his name on the front with Darth Vader!

1 comment:

  1. I just googled Star Wars cutting files and found your example. It's perfect for a Star Wars lover. You did a fantastic job. My boys are SW obsessed. Can't say I blame them as they got it from me, lol. I am looking for a file that is already in GSD format, so if you come across one, I would love to know where I can find it.

    Thanks so much!
    Angelina

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.