Sunday, July 12, 2009

Forever Friends Sketch Challenge

I am a bit late, but here is a card inspired by forever_friends_sketch challenge.
I needed a card for a dear friend in USA - I didn't want to make it too girly ;-) We have been corresponding via snail mail since 1993. He is a lovely man - we worked for the same Insurance company - me in Adelaide and him in New York. When he was on holidays in Australia in 1993, he walked into the Adelaide office and introduced himself. Since I was on reception at the time, I was the lucky person who went for a cup of coffee with him later. We met again a few years later when he was back in Adelaide and have been corresponding ever since.
I don't write him as often as I should - correspondence is limited to a yearly letter and birthday card now. He has continued to write letters to me at least 3 or 4 times a year, sadly it is me letting the side down ;-(
White square cardstock, layered with DP and highlighted with black cardstock. Forever Friends image coloured in with watercolours.

When I finished the card, I though the image looked lost, so I added black corner stickers - I think it brings the attention back to the bear! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.