Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Magnolia Challenges

Over on Just_Magnolia there is a sketch challenge, and on Magnolia_Down_Under there is a colour challenge (brown, blue & cream/white) - a match made in heaven as far as I am concerned!
here is the sketch
so here is my card - I made the centre panel an oval instead of a circle because I did not use a square card. I will most probably use this sketch again, but this time use a square card the way it was intended.
SU Choc Chip cardstock was used as a base, patterned paper used as background, cream & white paper flowers highlighted with bling, oval nesties used with cuttlebug for front panel. Tilda image watercoloured and highlighted with chalks & kindy glitz.

Wasn't too sure on what type of card this could be, so it became a 'just because' card - I think it would suit any purpose.

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty,gorgeous colouring and papers!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute.. I just love this image she is one of my favourite.. Bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, cute cute card. Simple layout, but Very effective Great watercolouring job.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant card Cathy...great papers.
    Guess what...I am a follower again and I can get to see your cards...love it when things work properly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout and colouring - wonderfully soft and gentle looking. Great DP and the ric rac is just the right touch! One of my favourite Tildas too.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful Cathy! Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, gorgeous card! Love the beautiful use of this colour combination with Tilda and the backing paper and flowers. Great job!

    Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.