Sunday, June 7, 2009

Card for my Dad

it's my Dad's birthday, and we are off out to lunch at the Bartley Tavern, West Lakes. I met my husband there many years ago when it was known as The Legtrap Hotel - I am looking forward to going back!
I have made a card for my Dad - this is about the fourth attempt - got a bit of creative block with this one - I would start a card, then it would turn out too girly and I would get up and walk away. Nothing like leaving things to the last minute for motivation!
SU choc chip was used as a base card and SU Cupcake wheel run across three times and heat embossed with gold.
Rub-on sentiment was placed on a tag, made with spellbinders in the Cuttlebug, ribbon was threaded through and attached.
I even did the back of the card!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic.....love the gold embossing it looks brilliant!!! The tag and ribbons also look fab,your dad is going to love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally got to see this card, it turned out great! Hope you are liking the wheel now!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.