Friday, May 15, 2009

Flourishes May Challenge His and Hers

over on flourishes the may challenge is to make a card using the same layout, but one for him and one for her. This idea appealed to me, so I thought I would give it a go.
I only have one flourishes stamp, so the prospect of winning some more is very appealing ;-)
I stamped the reverse damask stamp using choc chip on some cardstock and layered on brown card, placed a strip of metallic brown across middle, highlighted with a ribbon. Thank You stamped with choc chip on centre panel, and dusted edges with choc chip. Placed pearls & ribbon as final touches.
I didn't think this looked very 'male' but posted the photo anyway. I did, however, have a brainwave when packing up the mess I had made while making these cards and rumaged through my embellishments - I knew I had something 'male' somewhere ;-) I think this version is a better 'his' card ;-)
The female version of the card used the same layout, only using red as the base colour and embellished with flowers and a bit of bling.
My first male card was definitely not very male ;=( more unisex maybe ???
I have so much of a hard time with male cards - the desire for bling just gets in the way LOL

4 comments:

  1. I think they are wonderful Cathy...love that flourish stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Cathy, very creative! Flourishes stamps are so different, aren't they?!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Very elegant!

    Greetings,
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.