Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #7

In the Magnolia_Down_Under_Challenge#7 the challenge was to make a card in sepia tones using a magnolia image.
I have been watching this blog for quite some time and since I had finally got access to some magnolia images, I decided it was time for me to take part in one of the challenges.
At first I thought I had made life difficult for myself and has chosen a hard one to start with, but as I sorted through my stash of papers, I came across just the right tonings I wanted.
I watercoloured the image, and then highlighted a few select spots with chalks - I think I have made the top just a bit too bright for a true sepia toning, but am still happy with the way my card turned out. Of course, it would not be a CrafteeCC card without any bling - I have put just the tiniest bit of bling (kindy glitz) on the wings ;) and added gold sticker sentiment and on corners.

10 comments:

  1. Love that stamp, haven't got that one yet, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful Cathy...so you have used chalks to colour her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you did join in with us this is so cute, I love it, just gorgeous. I love the stamp, never seen that one before! Another to add to my ever growing list. Thanks so much for joining in with us at Magnolia Down Under ChallengesKelx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Merry, I coloured her first with watercolour pencils, but because my blending is not very good, I decided to highlight some areas with chalks - little bit of blush on the face, a hint of pink for the lips, and highlighted seams on jeans with a bit of black. I am quite pleased with the combination of watercolours & chalks - I must remember to do it again ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love that DSP. Thanks for playing.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - you've done a great job with the challenge - so glad you came along to play. I'm with Kel - you've just added another Tilda to my wish list, she's sooo cute!! Hope to see you again soon.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, Tilda is so cute and perfectly coloured

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Cathy! Jhet here! (tommygirloz from Craftmad!) so glad to have found your blog! How are you? Your card is fab really. Chat with you soon! (btw, where do you get your Magnolia stamps?) Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful,your papers are gorgeous and perfect for the challenge!!! Your colouring of Tilda is fabulous!
    Thanks for joining the MDUC.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment - it is greatly appreciated.